The British Chamber is an NS Mark accredited organisation, and a fair and unbiased employer.
Open positions are listed below. For all applications and enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Marketing & Communications Executive
We are recruiting an experienced marketing and communications professional to lead on tasks across a broad remit. This role will be focused primarily on digital content production and social media engagement; at least intermediate or preferably advanced Adobe Premiere Pro skills will be required.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Production of weekly podcast episodes
- Regular video editing requirements
- Scheduling of social media content and design work (may include multi-channel marketing campaigns, event collaterals, publications and ad-hoc projects)
- Event and collateral design
- Content promotion across multiple channels
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Intermediate or advanced experience using Adobe Premiere Pro to edit videos and audio content independently
- Strong English-language skills (both verbal and written) to meet the expectations of our content output and audience
- Creativity in design creation and delivery to a high standard.
- Intermediate or advanced experience using Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and Canva
- Experience writing and editing B2B content
- Social media management – LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite
- Ability to efficiently use recording tools such as DSLR Camera & audio equipment to plan, record and edit video content as required
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- An understanding of the business ecosystem in Singapore
- An understanding of the trade and business ecosystem within the UK
- Marketing automation, SEO optimisation
- Podcast publication, distribution and promotion
- Video production, distribution and promotion
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks for various departments, meeting publication dates in our content calendar
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a small team
- Ability to work both remotely and in an office environment
- Flexibility to attend flagship Chamber events out of hours as required
Applicants are encouraged to share examples from their portfolio of relevant work and any campaigns delivered with their resumes. We are unable to support applicants who require an employment pass of any nature due to the smaller size of our organisation and quota limits.
2. Head of Membership
We are seeking a bright, dynamic, independent, and personable professional to join our team in February 2022. We are currently recruiting Head of Membership to join the team, to:
- Build, develop and convert an ongoing pipeline of new member acquisitions in line with Chamber targets
- Record and report on the status of the pipeline using CRM tools
- Organise meetings and onsite presentations to acquire new member companies
- Liaise with the Events team on regular Open House events as a means of inviting potential members to learn more about the Chamber
- Increase engagement of existing members and ensure retention rate remains within Chamber targets
- Respond to all member enquiries in a timely manner
- Maintain updated records of member statuses on internal database system
- Attend meetings and offer to deliver presentations to encourage further engagement
- In liaison with the Membership Administrator, monitor the membership renewal process and proactively contact members as required
- Develop and promote promotions and offers within the network
- Maintain an awareness of external commercial themes and news relevant to our member companies to further support the business eco-system
- Regularly attend Chamber events, including all flagship events, and confidently network with members and guests
- Collate and analyse membership data and trends for the Executive Director and the Board on the status of the membership
- Help to evolve the membership proposition to ensure we are delivering a world-class service to business members
- Organise and support Business Committee meetings
- Deliver the monthly New Member Briefing presentation
- Meet ongoing and annual targets for new member acquisitions
- Meet ongoing and annual targets for member retention
- Continually improve engagement levels throughout the membership
- Min 5 years’ experience in a service orientated sales and account management role with demonstrable evidence of results
- Preferably experience of a member based non-profit organisation in a similar role
- Business degree or related qualifications
- Confident speaker in presentations, interpersonal and networking skills
- Fluent in the English language, both spoken and written
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and adaptable to new systems
- Experience in analysing data to help inform better business decisions
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to “join-the-dots” when processing a lot of information
- Fast learner and adaptable to a SME environment
- Excellent team player
- Organises self, works effectively and makes best use of resources.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a small team.
- Takes responsibility and uses initiative to deliver high quality work.
- Understands and focuses on customer needs
- Able to multi-task and manage (sometimes demanding) deadlines
- Interested in business challenges to help support our member companies
- Working hours 08:30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday
- Monthly Salary + CPF
- 15 days paid annual leave
- Huge access to knowledge via our content resources and events
- Given the nature of the Chamber activities, some events sit outside traditional working hours so the candidate will need to be flexible to suit morning and evening meetings.
The British Chamber also offers continuing opportunities for students to intern in our team, typically in the areas of event planning and our Trade Services team.
To check on current internship requirements at the Chamber, contact us at email@example.com.
For an example of how time spent at the Chamber has benefited students, read on to hear the feedback in their own words...
Deepti Narwani, Events Intern
My time at the British Chamber of Commerce was both exciting and insightful. I was given the opportunity to assist the team with both flagship and business group events. This included pre-event preparation as well as on site execution of the events. Managing on site difficulties at events thought me to adapt quickly to various situations, a skill which has now enabled me to work under pressure. The British Chamber team also trusted me to communicate with Chamber members to ensure smooth execution of events. I am extremely grateful for the support, patience and guidance that everyone at the British Chamber of Commerce provided me. I will carry the skills that I have learned for many years to come.
Edrea Tan, Trade Services Intern
My time at the British Chamber of Commerce, under the Trade Services team, was an enriching one. My job scope covered a myriad of tasks that gave me a wholesome understanding of the role the Trade Services team plays in the Chamber. The main projects I was engaged in were export opportunities, market research, events and the monthly newsletter. During the internship, I took charge of the export opportunities, being the main lead in sourcing, uploading and working with respondents. In addition, I got the opportunity to gain insight on the advisory services and business matching aspect of Trade Services through my assistance to the business advisors, primarily in market research. There were numerous business services events that I was involved in as well, which trained my ability to multi-task, be meticulous and organised in my work, and handle numerous excel sheets. Lastly, I assisted in crafting monthly Trade Services newsletters that provided an overview of events, business meetings, news and upcoming events. These newsletters keep our clients updated and maintains the relationship between our clients and the Trade Services team. All in all, the experience I had with the Trade Services team in the British Chamber of Commerce was warm and insightful. My time spent here was enjoyable and my learning objectives were met.