The British Chamber is an NS Mark accredited organisation, and a fair and unbiased employer.
Open positions are listed below. For all applications and enquiries please contact email@example.com.
1. Marketing & Communications Executive
We are recruiting an experienced marketing and communications professional to lead on tasks across a broad remit. This role will be focused primarily on digital content production and social media engagement; at least intermediate Adobe Premiere Pro skills will be required.
Tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling of social media content and design work - may include multi-channel marketing campaigns, event collaterals, publications and ad-hoc projects
- Video and audio editing
- Event and collateral design
- Publication support
- Content promotion across multiple channels
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Delivering consistently high-quality output to meet a brief/content calendar
- Strong time management skills
- Intermediate or advanced experience using Adobe Premiere Pro to edit video and audio content independently
- Strong English-language skills (both verbal and written) to meet the expectations of our content output and audience
- Creativity in design creation
- Intermediate or advanced experience using Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop and Canva
- Experience writing and editing B2B content
- Social media management – LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite
DESIRABLE ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE:
- An interest of the trade/business ecosystem in Singapore and within the UK
- Marketing automation, SEO optimisation
- Podcast publication, distribution and promotion
- Video production, distribution and promotion
- Ability to efficiently use recording tools such as DSLR Camera & audio equipment to plan, record and edit video content as required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks for various departments, meeting publication dates in our content calendar
- Ability to work both independently in an SME environment
- Willingness and flexibility to work both remotely and in an office environment
- Flexibility to attend flagship Chamber events out of hours as required
- Polite, sociable and well-presented as the Chamber hosts multiple high-level events throughout the year
Applicants are encouraged to share examples from their portfolio of relevant work and any campaigns delivered with their resumes. We are unable to support applicants who require an employment pass of any nature for this role, due to the smaller size of our organisation and quota limits.
The British Chamber also offers continuing opportunities for students to intern in our team, typically in the areas of event planning and our Trade Services team.
To check on current internship requirements at the Chamber, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For an example of how time spent at the Chamber has benefited students, read on to hear the feedback in their own words...
Deepti Narwani, Events Intern
My time at the British Chamber of Commerce was both exciting and insightful. I was given the opportunity to assist the team with both flagship and business group events. This included pre-event preparation as well as on site execution of the events. Managing on site difficulties at events thought me to adapt quickly to various situations, a skill which has now enabled me to work under pressure. The British Chamber team also trusted me to communicate with Chamber members to ensure smooth execution of events. I am extremely grateful for the support, patience and guidance that everyone at the British Chamber of Commerce provided me. I will carry the skills that I have learned for many years to come.
Edrea Tan, Trade Services Intern
My time at the British Chamber of Commerce, under the Trade Services team, was an enriching one. My job scope covered a myriad of tasks that gave me a wholesome understanding of the role the Trade Services team plays in the Chamber. The main projects I was engaged in were export opportunities, market research, events and the monthly newsletter. During the internship, I took charge of the export opportunities, being the main lead in sourcing, uploading and working with respondents. In addition, I got the opportunity to gain insight on the advisory services and business matching aspect of Trade Services through my assistance to the business advisors, primarily in market research. There were numerous business services events that I was involved in as well, which trained my ability to multi-task, be meticulous and organised in my work, and handle numerous excel sheets. Lastly, I assisted in crafting monthly Trade Services newsletters that provided an overview of events, business meetings, news and upcoming events. These newsletters keep our clients updated and maintains the relationship between our clients and the Trade Services team. All in all, the experience I had with the Trade Services team in the British Chamber of Commerce was warm and insightful. My time spent here was enjoyable and my learning objectives were met.