As the trusted resource for the business community in Singapore, the British Chamber can assist you to be more successful through placing you in a position of influence on activities or agendas important to you, providing access to the Chamber’s unrivalled network of business leaders, decision-makers, Government connections and influencers, and in turn providing you with potential business leads or opportunities for collaboration.
The value proposition of partnering with the Chamber includes -
- An immediate return on value through brand positioning as a company of influence on topics or agendas important to you
- Providing opportunities to leverage on the Chamber’s unrivalled network of business leaders, decision-makers, and influencers
- Providing you with potential business leads or opportunities for collaboration within your demographic
- Providing access to Government officials relevant to your business
- Long-term alignment with your strategic direction
To download our Sponsorship Information pack scroll down the page...
Each year the British Chamber organises a selection of key activities, across business, social and sporting interests, all of which offer attractive sponsorship opportunities. These flagship events are supplemented in the calendar by a variety of committee-driven events, topical speakers, VIP guests and opportunities to learn more about the Chamber and our members.
- Annual Economic Briefing
- A fixture in our calendar for many years reviewing the macro-economic climate, click here to watch our first-ever virtual edition, recorded on 29 April 2020.
- Annual General Meeting
- An opportunity for members to hear the President's report of the preceding 12 months and to meet the incoming Board members. Click here to view photos from the 2019 event.
- International Women's Day
- Typically held in March, we have been celebrating International Women's Day since 2014 with a major event in our calendar. Click here to access our first-ever virtual edition, recorded in September 2020. Click here to view photos from the 2019 event.
- Ministerial speakers
- We are honoured to host a variety of Ministers throughout the year. In 2020, this included a virtual event with the Minister for Manpower, Josephine Teo, and a roundtable discussion and Guest of Honour speech from Minister for Trade & Industry, Chan Chun Sing. Click here to view photos from our 2019 event with the Minister for Manpower.
- Annual Business Awards
- Our awards have been running for 21 years and feature a night of business excellence as we award the winners. Typically a Gala Dinner with a Ministerial Guest of Honour, click here to view photos from our 2019 edition. In 2020 we took the awards evening virtual for the first time and featured Minister for Trade & Industry Chan Chun Sing as the Guest of Honour. Click here to watch.
- Chinese New Year Networking
- Launched in 2019, this event complements our traditional Back to Work networking event as an opportunity for group networking at the start of the year. Click here to view photos from the 2020 edition.
- Back to Work Summer Social
- One of our highlights of the year, this large social mixer is typically held at our partners The British Club, with catering and drinks included for members and one guest each. In 2020 we successfully took this event online as a virtual networking experience. Click to view photos from our events in 2019.
- Christmas Party/Networking
- The Great British Ball
- We have been celebrating Christmas with a grand Ball event for over a decade. In recent years, we have joined forces with The British Club to co-host this spectacular event for the British community in Singapore, and look forward to a post-pandemic return to celebrations. Click here to view photos from 2019 and 2018.
- Rugby events
- For each year that either the Rugby 7s and/or World Cup is hosted the British Chamber hosts a related event. For the World Cup, this is typically a Gala Dinner featuring former professional players. Click here to view photos from 2019.
- F1 Networking
- On the Thursday of the Singapore F1 race weekend the Chamber hosts a networking event at our partner Singapore Cricket Club with at least one featured speaker. In recent years, we have been honoured to host F1 drivers Carlos Sainz and Robert Kubica, plus executives from behind the scenes and those in the application of F1 technology in other sectors. Click here to view photos from our 2019 event featuring Carlos Sainz.
The British Chamber of Commerce Singapore do a fantastic job at promoting British interests overseas and delivering opportunities to network and communicate with a dynamic business community, including many British expats in this market; as a British company who focuses on working with British expats, this is hugely important to us.
Our relationship, which has been strong for over a decade, has helped to deliver a range of different programmes for members. Over the years, we've sponsored the Breakfast Club series, their Annual Economic Briefing, the Back to Work networking events, Rugby events, and we were very excited to be headline sponsors of the Great British Ball for 2018. Members of our team are actively involved in their business group committees, including their Financial and FinTech group and sitting on their Board, so we feel highly involved in the process as a sponsor.
Our involvement with BritCham has grown over the years and we feel that the partnership with them is unique and really supports our business in Singapore. They provide an innovative and rewarding platform from which The Fry Group can build its brand in this market and be associated with a diverse and relevant network.
THE FRY GROUP
Our involvement with the British Chamber of Commerce in Singapore has been of enormous value since we established Grant Thornton in Singapore in 2014. As well as making use of the Chamber network and membership we have taken advantage of some of the event sponsorship opportunities available to Chamber members. This has been a very affordable way of promoting our new business in Singapore and raising brand awareness.
An example was the Rugby World Cup Dinner where no-one could have failed to see that Grant Thornton were one of the Title Sponsors for the event. The event was a huge success with over 500 guests, high quality speakers and a great opportunity to network.
We were the Title Sponsors for the Annual Business Awards for enjoy a long and rewarding experience with the awards and being associated with such a prestigious business competition such as this.
Partnering with BritCham has provided exceptional opportunities for us to reach our target market in Singapore. A broad cross-section of engagements, from business networking to social events, have enabled us to drive new relationships at all levels. In working alongside BritCham, we find their approach to be innovative, consistently delivering new solutions to driver greater relevance for both Cognita as a partner and their current and prospective members.