The British Chamber of Commerce Singapore provides a network to build opportunities for British, international and local organisations in Singapore. We encourage trade and investment in Singapore and the Asia-Pacific region and we provide our members with practical support and advice, delivered via a range of scheduled events and online communities to share knowledge and expertise.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
By providing your personal contact details to the Chamber and accepting our terms and conditions, you are deemed to have given your consent for the collection and secure use of your personal data as provided in order for the Chamber to continuously deliver relevant services to you.
HOW TO CONTACT US
BUSINESS CONTACT INFORMATION
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide during the registration process for the Chamber and copies of any documents you provide to us, including when you signup to our newsletters;
- Your Chamber website account details and account information, including your contact details, company name, position and topic preferences;
- Information that you post to our website or share with other users via the Chamber;
- Any feedback you provide through the Chamber;
- If you are a speaker or an attendee at any of our events, we may collect information about your participation at our events (e.g. number of events spoken at/attended, type of events you speak at/attend);
- Any correspondence between you and us;
- Any other information you provide to us from time to time (e.g. CV), and
- Details of your visits to our website (including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access).
The Chamber does not require the provision of NRIC numbers to provide services, however certain restricted event venues may require this information in order to prove your identity, in which instance you will be notified separately.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your information in the following ways:
- to provide our services, including inviting you to and organising events, providing news and updates and reports about events, sending you our magazine or any printed publications, providing general news and information about business opportunities that we think will interest you;
- to facilitate communication, networking and business opportunities for and between you and other members, participants or users of the Chamber;
- to provide you with information about business development or brand awareness opportunities that may be of interest to you and to introduce you to other organisations;
- to ask for your feedback or opinions as part of the Chamber network;
- as outreach activity to our network in support of UK or Singapore Government agencies/representatives;
- to offer opportunities for media comment on relevant topics;
- to deal with your requests and enquiries, and to provide you with information about our services, activities or content;
- to process the registration and maintenance of your account;
- to personalise the way in which our website and services are presented to you, including to ensure that content of our website and services are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to analyse your use of our services;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to investigate any breach of our Terms and Conditions by or relating to you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website;
- to notify you about changes at the Chamber;
- in the ongoing promotion of our activities and events, for example through sharing photos and video taken during our activities on our channels; and
- sharing your details as a member within the online Membership Directory, visible to your follow members via secure login to their account. By accepting the terms and conditions during membership registration of the Chamber, you are deemed to have given consent for details to be shared here. You may opt out of being visible within the Directory at any time by accessing your profile.
Outside of our provision of services to you, the Chamber maintains subscription mailing lists for promotion of our activities and partner content. During the completion of your personal profile within the registration process, you will be asked for your preferences which the Chamber will defer to. You may change your preferences or unsubscribe from any or all of our marketing lists at any time should you choose to do so by accessing your profile. Please note that unsubscribing from a marketing mailing list will not remove you from membership communications required for the ongoing delivery of our services throughout your membership term.
WHEN WILL WE CONTACT YOU? AND WHAT IF YOU WANT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT?
We will only contact you if we have your consent to do so and for the purposes we have communicated within this policy. Should you wish to withdraw consent, you may unsubscribe from our mailing lists or alternatively contact us at email@example.com. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent may result in us not being able to provide you with the full remit of our services. Withdrawal of consent for the use of photos and videos with your image applies to the future use of images, not those already publicly available.
WILL WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES?
We will only share your information with other users, members, participants and selected third parties of the Chamber to facilitate communication, networking and business opportunities.
Any information you upload to your profile and/or post on our website may be visible to our personnel and other users of our website.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- where partners help us in the administration or operation of our organisation; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or in complying with our obligations under our terms and conditions or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of other users or third parties.
In connection with the events we organise, we may also share limited information with event venues and caterers, including your identity details (e.g. to comply with security requirements) and dietary requirements.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
TRANSFERRING INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF SINGAPORE
Where our partners who help us in the administration or operation of our organisation are based in other locations, your information may be transferred outside of Singapore. We will work with any such third parties to make sure they have reasonable security arrangements in place so as to ensure that recipients in those countries will provide you with a standard of protection that is at least comparable to the standards under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore. We may also transfer your information outside of Singapore in relation to business opportunities but we would only do this with your prior consent.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
The security of your information is important to us. We maintain appropriate and reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information provided to us via the Internet, and any transmission is at your own risk.
FOR HOW LONG IS YOUR INFORMATION RETAINED?
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION AND ENSURING IT IS UP-TO-DATE
If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure that your information is accurate and up-to-date. You can update your account details at any time via your account at www.britcham.org.sg. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by contacting us at email@example.com.